Grady-White’s great riding SeaV 2® hull
combined with today’s lightweight yet powerful 4-stroke outboard
engines create a superior combination that is as reliable and efficient
as boating has ever been. Whether your aim is a day fishing offshore, or
pulling the kids around on tow toys, or just finding a secluded
anchorage, a few common sense guidelines and knowing how to use your
fuel system properly will help make sure that your family's days on the
water are as clean, safe, efficient and fun as possible.
Fuel tank filling
(Consult your Owner's Manual for more details.)
- Tanks are filled at fill connections located along the gunwale. Be
sure your tank key is where you can find it and it’s a good idea to
attach it to something that floats.
- Before fueling, shut down the engines and turn off the battery select switches.
- Close ports, hatches and compartments to prevent fumes from accumulating.
- No smoking and keep a fire extinguisher handy.
- Remove the fuel tank cap. Attend the fueling operation until it is completed.
- Listen for a change in pitch as the tank fills so you know when the
tank is nearly full and you can shut off the nozzle to prevent spills.
- Check for leaks and clean up well.
- Ventilate ports, windows and hatches and conduct a "sniff test" to ensure you don’t have lingering fumes.
- Turn the battery select switches back on and start the engine(s).
Ensure the boat is properly trimmed and the
weight is distributed evenly.
Running your Grady-White efficiently
- Familiarize yourself with your boat and engine performance (reports are available on every model at gradywhite.com). Run your engine at optimum cruise speed as listed in the specifications in order to use fuel efficiently.
- Lighten the load. If you’re just going for the afternoon, you don’t
have to carry enough gear for a long cruise. Drain the livewells at the
end of the day for the run back in.
- Distribute the weight and the passengers in the boat evenly.
- Today’s Grady-Whites are equipped with sophisticated fuel monitoring. Watch your gauges and you’ll get optimal efficiency.
- Adjust your trim tabs for proper running trim.
- A clean boat (especially the bottom) is a more efficient boat.
Here are the biggest and best factory incentives of the year
for the purchase of any new Grady-White whether in dealer inventory or
factory built new! The most aggressive pricing of the year. Limited time
only offer ends November 7th. Find your dealer.
The Grady-White Freedom 225
Join David Neese, vice president of engineering at Grady-White Boats,
for a video walkthrough tour of the family-friendly, ultra-versatile Freedom 225. Get the details on this amazing boat and be sure to give your dealer a call! Also check out performance reports for 225 engine choices!
The Grady-White Canyon 306
Our favorite engineer, David Neese, takes us on a walkthrough tour of a "beast of a boat," the new 2012 Canyon 306. Get the details on this amazing boat and then give your dealer a call. Also check out performance reports for 306 engine choices!
We proudly announce that Grady-White is now “Ten for Ten,” receiving the NMMA CSI award for top customer satisfaction ranking ten times in a row! Click here for more details.